Backup with No Limits!
StorageCraft® ShadowProtect® IT Edition gives you unprecedented flexibility with no limit to the number of systems you can back up and restore. Licensing is for a period of time you choose based on your needs:
- Two weeks: Ideal for a single project use
- One Month: Great for short term projects.
- Three months: For tackling mid-level projects with a defined ending.
- Annual subscription: Perfect for the full-time IT professional.
Common Uses for ShadowProtect IT Edition:
- Quick backup before starting any new project or system change;
- Windows upgrades;
- Migration to virtual hardware;
- Migration to new hardware;
- Electronic Discovery (eDiscovery);
- Bare metal restores.
When is it best to use StorageCraft ShadowProtect IT Edition vs. ShadowProtect Server or ShadowProtect Desktop?
ShadowProtect IT Edition is perfect for taking quick backups when you're planning to make system changes and want that extra level of insurance a reliable backup provides, such as before a big migration project or when adding new software. If you want "set it and forget it" system protection, where you can schedule backups throughout the day, you'll want to use ShadowProtect Server or ShadowProtect Desktop.
ShadowProtect IT Edition includes the following benefits:
- Ability to create ShadowProtect backup images without installing software on the system.
- Ability to create compressed and encrypted backup images for efficiency and security.
- Ability to create an exact disk copy.
- Simple view to quickly recover folders or files from a backup image.
- Network configurator to manage TCP/IP properties, domains and network resources.
- Ability to mount backup images for simple folder or file updates.
- Bare metal recovery of servers and PCs in minutes.
- Support for UEFI systems and multiple hypervisors, file systems, and disk types (see list below).
Technician License Subscription Information
The ShadowProtect IT Edition Version 5 Technician License is issued based on licensee’s payment of a subscription fee. The Licensee does not receive a permanent license and must renew the subscription to enjoy continued use of the software. The software will time out and cease to operate following the end of the subscription.
ShadowProtect IT Edition is licensed per technician (Designated Technician). The technician can use ShadowProtect IT Edition on an unlimited number of servers and desktops. However, the Licensed Technician is prohibited from simultaneously using ShadowProtect IT Edition on more than one computer (server or desktop). A Licensed Technician can be temporarily replaced under the terms of the License Agreement. A Licensed Technician must be an employee of the Licensee or an employee of a company that has maintenance or service responsibility with respect to third party equipment.
See the ShadowProtect IT Edition product page for product information and resources.
Hardware Requirements: 256MB RAM, available USB port
Supports UEFI motherboards (Recovery Environment requires BIOS emulation on UEFI).
|Supported Operating Systems: ||Windows Server 2000*/2003/2003 R2/2008/2008 R2/2011/2012; Windows Small Business Server 2003/2003 R2/2008/2008 R2/2011; and Windows 2000 Workstation*/XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8|
|*Note:|| Imaging Windows 2000 systems requires booting to the StorageCraft Recovery Environment.|
|Supported File Systems: ||FAT16, FAT16X, FAT32, FAT32X, NTFS|
|Disk Types: ||Basic and Advanced Format Drives|
|Partition Style: ||MBR and GPT|
|Supported Hypervisors:|| VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, Oracle VirtualBox, Red Hat KVM/RHEV|
|USB Key:|| This product is delivered on and requires a USB key to operate. New subscriptions require a $20 charge for USB key & shipping.|
|Renewals (addl licenses):|| Additional licenses and renewals are offered at discounted prices. Please contact StorageCraft sales for additional information or ordering.|